331fe3eb300f359ae7d86df9945f7b99 http://tulsasstar.com/53c8814d45f9eda78b5405cb1161e295094cdb52.html


Welcome To Tulsa's Star Newspaper

Our Stories Begin When


 The Investigation Ends

To Navigate the site, simply click The Place You Want In The Box On The Lower Left For The Most Current Monthly Issues


For Back Issues Click "Newspaper Features."

Courtroom Trials Are Under COURTHOUSE. For an in depth look inside criminal court trial cases, Click the "Inside The Courtroom" trial number.

     For Current Weather Info, See Home Page

For A Peek At The Upcoming Edition, Look Inside The Newsroom by clicking on  "Composing-Newsroom."


PO Box 692117, Tulsa, OK 74169


April 2015
January 2015
February 2015
March 2015
December 2014
November 2014
October 2014
September 2014
August 2014
July 2014
June 2014
Newspaper Features
October 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013
February 2013
March 2013
April 2013
May 2013
June 2013
July 2013
August 2013
September 2013
October 2013
November 2013
December 2013
January 2014
February 2014
March 2014
April 2014
May 2014






TulsasStar.com mascot Lucky Starzenstuff Celebrates June


                                                                                      The T-Town Crime Tablet - Felony Local Crime


Headline: Sober Living House Treasurer Embezzles House Funds To Pay Drug Dealer (One Image). .   Benjamin Krafft was the treasurer at Oxford House, a sober living facility located at 1784 S. Darlington. As part of his treasurer duties, he was also a signor on the house checking account. Krafft was not an employee of the house, nor was he allowed to write or cash checks from that account, according to an investigative report.
  From October 3, 2012 until October 29, 2012, the sober-minded treasurer wrote himself 18 checks on the House and forged the signature of signor Corey Taft on checks he had written to the tune of $2358.
  Once Taft discovered what his co-signor Krafft had done, he contacted Tulsa Police, saying he had not signed any of the 18 checks written by Krafft.
  When interviewed by a TPD detective at Tulsa Jail on February 28, 2013, Krafft waived his right to having an attorney present and said he simply needed the money from the sober living facility to pay his drug dealer.
  A warrant for Krafft’s arrest was issued April 17th on 18 counts of uttering forged instrument by Tulsa County Judge Clark, with each carrying a bond of $1000. He was arrested and booked into Tulsa Jail on May 14th.


Headline: Washington Works Her Plans But Her Plans Don’t Seem To Work  (One Image). . Crystal Latrice Washington, 27, of 247 E. 27th Court North, came up with one of those rip-off schemes that might have been taken from the script of a sit-com television program.
  Washington, arrested April 30th by Tulsa Police Detective Visser, hatched a bold scheme that involved walking into a Walmart and posing as an employee of the Green Dot Money Pak, a Walmart in-house debit card company. After presenting herself as a Green Dot staffer to a store cashier, Washington, a fugitive from Sebastian County, Arkansas justice (for fraud), told the clerk that she was performing training exercises in the store. She then had the employee load $1004.64 onto a Green Dot card as part of her “training.”
  Walmart loss prevention personnel honed in on the scheme and Washington, then held the suspect until police arrived. According to the arrest report, she had gotten away with the crime for all of 10 minutes.
  Crystal was charged with obtaining money by fraud totaling more than $500 AFCF.
  Years prior to her Green Dot get money plot at the Tulsa Walmart, Washington had gone into a business  operated by Panaderia Misol at 3114 S. 104th East Avenue on October 19, 2009 to cash an insurance check from Farmers for $1,219.37.
  Misol cashed the check, but later learned the check had a stop payment on it, as the check had been reported lost or missing. The check Washington passed to Misol was the check that was reported “missing.” Washington allegedly cashed them both. A warrant was issued for her arrest for this crime by Judge Youll on January 10, 2012.


Headline: Walmart Electronic Devices Attract Sticky Fingers Of College Student  (One Image) . . Darian Andrew Maxville, 25, of the 1500 block of West 59th Street was hauled into Tulsa Jail on January 31st after he had made a haul of more than $500 worth of mobile phones he allegedly shoplifted from a Sand Springs Walmart.
  Maxville, a student at a historically Black State college, was charged with larceny of merchandise from a retailer (felony LMFR), for attempting to carry away from the store without paying, a Samsung Boost, Virgin Mobile HTC, and two AT&T Samsung Galaxy Appeals.
  On April 25th Maxville’s first a court arraignment was rescheduled for May 23rd before Tulsa County Judge C. Smith. The defendant is free after posting a $2000 bond.


Headline: Two Teens Led Down Felonious Path By “Old School Wanna Be Playa’  (One Image). .
What Steve “Trey” Verner lacked in common sense he made up with an ample supply with high drama, when he enlisted two teenagers to pull off an armed robbery of two individuals, netting the trio more than $500.
  Perhaps, trio is not how best to describe how this heist was constructed for the consumption of the victims. In this robbery scenario, Verner’s pre-planned role was to be the third victim, according to Tulsa Police, albeit he had no monetary “skin in the game.”
  Verner, an ex-con, according to the TPD detective’s affidavit, set the plan in motion when on February 2nd, he lured Julius Ballard and Deserae Lemoine to 700 N. 67th East Avenue. Once at the location (bait used by Verner to get them there at this point is unknown), teens Rickey E. Ballard, (9/5/95), and Dante D. Covington, (2/22/97), sprang into action; demanding money from Julius, Desarae and Steve at gunpoint.
  The robbery took place as Verner had planned. The thieves netted $140 from Lemoine and they took Ballard’s wallet containing $400.
  Unfortunately for the trio, however, Julius Ballard remembered meeting Verner on a prior occasion and recalled enough information to give investigators a good lead. Both victims were then able to pick Trey Verner’s picture out of a photo lineup, as were they also able to do during Rickey Ballards’ photo lineup.
   Covington, a student at Nathan Hale High School, was arrested in the home he shares with his mother, Tracy, on North Irvington five days after the robbery and charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon.
   Old school, Steve “Trey” Verner, was arrested and booked into Tulsa Jail March 18th. His bond for two counts of robbery with a firearm was set at $300,000.
  On April 17th, Verner, represented by MJ Denman, was bound over to District Court, Judge Kellough, presiding.


Headline: Distraught Ex-Girlfriend Hides Ex-Con’s Gun While He Slept To Take As Evidence To Tulsa Police  (One Image). . Tori Danielle Jordan told authorities she had become frightened, intimidated, threatened and harassed or molested by Erice Ramone Carter, even while a protective order was in effect.
  Carter, an ex-con, having been sentenced to serve a 25-year sentence in DOC custody  out of Oklahoma County in December 1990, was arrested February 1st charged with stalking Jordan and threatening acts of violence against her.
  Additionally, Carter was charged with possession of a firearm by a felon, and possession of marijuana AFCF.
  According to the Tulsa Police affidavit, Jordan had logged more than 178 text messages from the father of her child, that were threatening on one hand and begging to see her on the other.
  On January 9, 2013, Carter allegedly broke into Jordan’s residence in the 4300 block of North Elgin Avenue. Once inside, he threatened Jordan’s life with a handgun, then turned the weapon on himself. He told her that anyone she dates is likely to be killed.
  Then, on January 31st, Carter appeared at her door again and pushed his way inside. In his waistband, the distraught woman saw what turned out to be a .9 mm Beretta. She said he begged for her to see him. She told Tulsa Police that at that point she thought the prudent thing to do was to pretend to go along with whatever he wanted. Jordan said she felt that going along would keep her alive.
  Carter would later fall asleep, giving Jordan the opportunity to hide his gun. The next morning when he couldn’t find the weapon, she assured him that she would return it to him when he returned from school in Broken Arrow, where she drove him.
  Jordan did not return the weapon to Carter. Instead, she turned it over to TPD Detective Hanna. The suspect was then arrested at his school located at 4900 S. Olive Street in Broken Arrow.  
  On April 5th, Carter, free on $29,500 bond, appeared before Tulsa County Judge Youll for his preliminary hearing, at which time he was bound over to Judge Gillert in Tulsa District Court.


Headline: Worker Jailed Following Alleged Attack On Supervisor Using An Industrial-Sized Tape Dispenser (One Image). .   On May 2, 2013 the Tulsa County DA’s Office filed charges in District Court against Michael Johnson Sr., (4/28/59), an employee of Aeroturbine Inc., located near Tulsa International Airport at 11529 E. Pine Street.
  Johnson, it is alleged, bludgeoned his supervisor over the head with an industrial-sized tape dispenser.
  At 8:12 a.m., April 4th, Tulsa Police officers entered the business after being dispatched following an argument between Johnson and Samuel Mark Barber. Witnesses Chris Turner, Jeff Foster, and David Brown said they heard Barber tell Johnson to get off the premises, to which Johnson responded that he will leave as soon he shuts down his computer and gets his personal items.
  Barber told the officers that he went to shut down Johnson’s computer and that’s when Johnson clubbed him over the head. Witnesses said Johnson struck Barber twice.
  A resident of Broken Arrow, Johnson, who stands 6’-1” and weighs 165 lbs, remained at scene until police arrived. He said his striking Barber was done to defend himself against an attack from Barber.
  Johnson was later charged with assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (A&BWDW). Barber was not charged.




                                                                      Tulsa County Crime Time - Felony Crimes County-Wide


OWASSO - Headline: No Shame In The Game Of Owasso Duo When It Comes To Neighborly Rip Offs (Two Images). . Chase Owens Daniel, (10/24/87), of 403 E. 19th Street in Owasso has been in Tulsa Jail since May 3rd on several different felony cases, including a felony application to revoke on a 2010 conviction.
  Currently he is awaiting adjudication for 2013 AFCF charges of false impersonation, and attempting a false pretense or con game over $500. This case has also garnered Chase two additional felony contempt of court charges.  
  Daniel has a codefendant on those charges by the name of Emmalyn Samantha Foster, (6/7/93), of 1220 N. Ash Street in Owasso. Foster has an additional false pretense/con game charge on this docket.   
  The case stems from an incident that occurred back on April 8th, when Foster appeared at the Owasso Walmart Arvest Bank branch with an application for a $10,000 loan that stated Jimmy Swank (name cosigned on application) was her grandfather. Swank, in reality is the grandfather of her boyfriend Chase Daniel.
  In addition to the application, Foster also presented two of Swank’s vehicle titles for collateral. As it turned out, the two Oklahoma vehicle titles had been stolen from Grandpa Swank’s residence.
  It was the signature on the bank documents that alerted bank personnel to something being amiss, as Swank’s signature did not match the signature cards in their files.
  It is unclear how Arvest handled the situation, but it is clear that the following day, April 9th, Foster was back at the bank. This time, however, she presented another $10,000 application that contained only Jimmy Swank’s signature, and along with her came a  wheelchair-bound man holding a small child on his lap; representing himself as the elderly Jimmy Swank. The perpetrator, of course, was Chase Daniels.
  Video surveillance tape showed Daniel walking into the bank using a cane. One hour after Foster conducts her business with bank employees, Daniel and Foster reenter Walmart. Daniel is wearing the same clothing he had on when playing the role of his grandfather.
  On May 9th, Tulsa County Judge Youll issued arrest warrants for both Daniel and Foster with Daniel’s bonds totaling $35,000 and Foster’s $16,000 for the Arvest caper.
  Prior to their performances at Arvest Bank, the duo, on March 27th, according to court documents, allegedly worked together to keep and conceal tools stolen from Walt’s Used Cars. Combined with the KCSP case is Foster allegedly giving a fake name to avoid arrest on an outstanding warrant; and both she and Daniel were charged on that date with marijuana possession.

  Judge Youll, on June 5th issued arrest warrants on the March 27th cases for both defendants. Daniel’s bond was set at $5000 and Foster’s $7500.
  In another case that took place on April 15th, six days after their attempt to bamboozle Arvest employees, the defendants worked together, and for Daniel’s part he is charged with three counts of unauthorized use of a credit/debit card. Foster, in this case, is charged with two counts of taking/receiving stolen credit/debit card.
  On May 2nd, one week before Judge Youll issued the defendant’s arrest warrants for the attempted Jimmy Swank chicanery at Arvest, Tulsa County Judge C. Smith issued  an arrest warrant for Daniel on the three UUCC charges with bonds totaling $60,000 and for her part, Foster’s bond was set at $5000.
  The bond amounts, it seems, for the credit card caper that could not have happened had it not been for  Foster stealing them to begin with, is somewhat hard to grasp.
  According to an Owasso Police affidavit, on April 15th Lynette Thompson told investigators she last used her credit card at the CVS drugstore drive-thru. She said before she knew her card was missing, someone had made $750 in unauthorized purchases at Walmart located at 207 S. Memorial Drive in Tulsa.
  Another victim, Afton Freeman, came forward telling investigators he too had last used his card at the abovementioned CVS. Before he realized it was missing, $850 in charges had been accrued on his credit card at two Tulsa Memorial Drive Walmart stores.
  At the 207 S. Memorial Walmart, employee Christine Portugal helped Owasso investigators with finding the license tag number for a red Pontiac Aztec, and video footage for the vehicle that plainly showed its owner, Jessica Foster and Chase Daniel, inside.
  Foster, as it turned out, was employed by CVS at the time the cards went missing and had completed both the Thompson and Freeman transactions. Once the Freeman transaction was completed, Foster clocked out and left the store.
  On June 10th Judge Youll told Daniel’s attorney, Velia Lopez, after her client did not show for his preliminary hearing, that Chase was held in contempt of court. The judge then passed the hearing to July 1, 2013, to allow Daniel time to hire counsel.



SAND SPRINGS - Headline: Judge Sets Trial Date For Sand Springs Man Accused Of Multiple Felonies (One Image) . . Teddy Wayne Cravatt aka Theodore Cravatt, aka Leroy Thomas, (3/30/65), of 164 Ridgeview Drive in Sand Springs, stood mute before Tulsa District Court Judge Gillert on May 6th, when asked how he pled to a list of charges that began with the unauthorized use of a 1997 Honda Accord belonging to one Terry McGee; being in possession of methamphetamine, eluding police, driving under suspension, and resisting arrest. The first two charges are AFCF.
   Cravatt, represented by Tasha Stewart, stood mute and the judge entered a not guilty plea on his behalf, setting a jury trial for the defendant to take place on October 7th.




                                                  Chain Pull - Prisoners Set For Transport To DOC Facilities  



Headline:Only One Northside Booster Escapes Long Prison Sentence In December Ross Dept. Store Grand Larceny (Five Images). .     The night of December 10, 2012 was a very busy one for Broken Arrow Police officers dispatched to find five women in a gold Toyota who had been seen taking more than $500 worth of merchandise from the Ross Department store at 3612 S. Elm Place. After nearly an hour of following and attempting to stop their vehicle, BAPD officers took five women into custody shortly after 11 p.m. All gave north Tulsa addresses on their arrest reports. For their “gang” shoplifting, each of them were charged with grand larceny.
  All were packed into  Shahara Monique Barnes’ gold 2003 Toyota Camry after they were stopped at 7100 S. Mingo Road. In addition to grand larceny AFCF, Barnes, (5/9/83), who listed her occupation as unemployed, and Harding were both charged with eluding police. The car was impounded.
 Tries Monique Boyd, (5/18/76), someone who has been profiled more than any of the other women on Tulsa’s Star Police Blotter, was charged with grand larceny AFCF. She listed her occupation on her police arrest report as “self employed.” At the age of 36, she was the elder of the group.
  Also, the four other women listed their next of kin as their moms. Each had a phone number for their mother, but none had an address. Boyd listed a boyfriend.
Ceonna Ree Brown, ( 2/21/91), said she was a student.
Marie Vytreece McCullum, (12/28/81), said she was a Tulsa Community College student.
Juliet Reena Harding, (10/25/90), said she was a student.
  On February 1, 2013, Brown stood before Tulsa County Judge Clark and waived her right to a preliminary hearing and trials. She entered a guilty plea and received a three-year deferred sentence, a $600 fine, $150 for victims’ compensation assessment and court cost. She was also handed 80 hours to be served in the Tulsa County Work Program (TCWP).
  Her codefendants, however, on the same day chose to waive their right to a preliminary and be arraigned before Tulsa District Court Judge Gillert on February 11th. Barnes and Boyd were represented by Brian Martin, Harding and McCullum were represented by Tasha Steward. The foursome decided to waive their right to trials and they all entered guilty pleas. The state was represented by Nalani Chang
  Judge Gillert accepted their guilty pleas, but opted to wait and pass sentencing until each defendant completed a pre-sentencing investigation report (PSI). He then set the sentencing date for March 27th.
  On March 28, 2013, Barnes received a five-year sentence for grand larceny with a fine of $600, $150 for victims’ compensation and court costs, and five years and identical fees for eluding. The sentences are to run concurrently, but she was not credited for time served. The defendant requested immediate chain pull.
  Boyd, the other defendant who appeared before Judge Gillert as AFCF, also received a five year prison sentence for grand larceny, $600 fine, $150 victims’ compensation and court cost, and she was not credited for time served. She too requested immediate transport.
  McCullum’s fate was no different than that of Boyd. She too was sentenced to five years in DOC custody, fined $600, $150 victims’ compensation assessment and court costs.  Marie was not credited for time served, but she did, however, request immediate chain pull.
  On April 3rd a bench warrant was issued by Judge Gillert for the arrest of Harding. She was arrested and booked on May 10th and ordered held without bond. Three days later, Harding appeared before Judge Gillert and was sentenced to six years in DOC custody for grand larceny, fined $600, $150 for victims’ compensation. For eluding, a charged she shared with Barnes, Harding was sentenced to five years and the same fees assessed in count one. The charges are to run concurrently and she was not given credit for time served.


Headline: Pot Dealing Roomies Share Court Case But Only One Gets Chain Pulled (Two Images). . Montrell Austin, (4/1/80), shared four of five counts of drug possession, firearm possession in commission of a felony, and paraphernalia possession with codefendant William Campbell (1/18/95); but although they shared the same case, they did not share the date the crime occurred, nor the date they were arrested. Arrest reports show that Montrell  possessed marijuana with the intent to distribute on March 25th and he was booked into Tulsa Jail that day. His crimes occurred at 10122 E. 11th Street and that is where he was busted. Austin did, however, share the same home address of 916 N. Columbia Place, which is where his arrest report states his marijuana possession with intent occurred and where he was arrested on March 23rd.
   In District Court, Austin alone was charged with possession of a firearm AFCF. At the time of his arrest Austin was carrying a .40 caliber Hi-point and a .9 mm Hi-Point.
  Both defendants appeared in court before Tulsa County Judge Clark on April 24th. Austin, represented by Dustin Allen, waived his right to a preliminary hearing and trials before entering a plea of guilty. Judge Clark promptly accepted his guilty plea and sentenced Montrell to three four year prison terms and a one year term in Tulsa Jail with credit for time served. He was fined a total of $1750, $800 for victims’ compensation assessment, $350 for the court fund and court costs. All sentences are to run concurrently.
  When it came time for Campbell, represented by Brian Martin, to face his preliminary hearing, his case was dismissed. The prosecution witness failed to show up. His monitor shackle was removed and he was ordered released.
  Prosecuting this case was Eric Loggin.



Headline:Missing Court Date On Walmart Grand Larceny Case Stiffens Hill’s Prison Sentence While Codefendant’s Is Deferred (One Image). .   Olivia Mariah Hill, (10/21/92), did not act alone when she stole bras, panties, underwear, shirts, shoes, a jacket, jewelry, gloves and pajamas from the Admiral Blvd and Memorial Drive Walmart. The items, according to prosecutors, tallied well above $500 in value. The crime occurred on Monday, November 19, 2012 at 1 p.m., and by  3:30 p.m. she was booked into Tulsa Jail charged with grand larceny. Her acompliss was arrested and booked into jail one hour later.
  On March 15th, Olivia, represented by Richard Koller, listened as her case was called for finding and sentencing, after she had failed to appear in court on this case February 19th.
  Tulsa District Court Judge Musseman found her guilty and sentenced the defendant to four years in DOC custody. Olivia was also fined $500, $250 for victims’ compensation assessment and court costs.
  The state on this case was represented by Julie Doss.
  Hill’s acompliss, Joshua Kaleb Moles, (7/29/89), of Sand Springs, waived his right to a preliminary hearing and trials before Tulsa County Judge C. Smith on May 2nd. The judge accepted his plea and handed the defendant  a two-year deferred sentence under the DA’s supervision. The defendant, represented by Ed Lutz, was also assessed $600 for the court fund, court cost, and $150 for victims’ compensation assessment.
  Eric Loggin represented the state in this part of the case.



Headline: Busted On Cocaine Base Deal Atchinson’s Guilty Plea Gets 11-Year DOC Sentence (One Image) . .Laron Atchinson, (8/9/70), has been in Tulsa Jail since February 29, 2012 charged with unlawful possession of a controlled drug with the intent to distribute.
  On the day of his arrest, Atchinson was found to be holding a quantity of cocaine base, according to the DA’s initial filing of the case in District Court.
  Laron’s arrest report shows that he was busted at 330 N. Peoria Avenue at 3:45 p.m. by Tulsa Police officers.
  On April 17, 2012, the defendant, represented by Lauren Chandler, waived his right to a preliminary hearing before Tulsa County Judge Youll and was scheduled for District Court arraignment before Judge Kellough. The defendant, now represented by Stephanie Singer, stood before the judge on June 5, 2012 and entered a plea of not guilty prior to requesting a trial by jury, that would then be scheduled for November 5, 2012.
  The trial was eventually passed to May 20, 2013, but on May 17, 2013, Atchinson, represented by Scott Goode, waived his right to trial and entered a plea of guilty to the charge. Judge Kellough accepted the plea and promptly sentenced the defendant to 11 years in DOC custody (with credit for time served), a $600 fine and a $150 victims’ compensation assessment.
  The state in this matter was represented by James Pfeffer.



                                                    Where Are They Now? What Part Of The Criminal Justice System Are The Convicted Now In?



Headline:Woman’s Fiery Death In Boyfriend’s Auto Crash Into Tree In February 2012 Had Its Prologue In March 2011 When Both Were Hospitalized For Crash Into Tree (Three Images). . Cutline: The blue arrow points from one tree in particular in a stand of trees separating north and southbound traffic lanes on 89th East Avenue, to a closeup of the tree the driver hit and  the memorial friends and family of the victim maintain. . . It was an automobile crash so loud at 1:59 a.m. on the morning of February 20, 2012, that it awakened people from their sleep and sent some of them scurrying from their homes. Outside, the darkness had been pierced by the light from a fire that had erupted in the vehicle and shined its light on two lifeless bodies in the front seats.
  It was fortunate for the victims that some of those neighbors were bold enough and strong enough to remove them from the flaming vehicle, or they both would have surely died on the street in the 700 block of 89th East Avenue.
  Photos taken at the crash scene by photographers from Channel Six News showed a crumpled, burnt up and burnt out 1993 Mazda 929 that had recoiled away from a tree it had smashed into. Inside the vehicle had been the driver, 6-ft. 3” tall, 200 lb., 24-year-old Stormey W. Jordan and his 31-year-old passenger, Amanda Kay Perez.
  Jordan was taken by EMSA to a local hospital and listed in serious condition, but Perez was pronounced dead at the scene. During the immediate aftermath of the wreck, police and fire investigators were unsure of Jordan’s physical condition prior to slamming into the tree at a much higher speed than the posted 25 mph.
  At the hospital, however, Jordan consented to having a sample of his blood drawn and for the results of the analysis to be given to accident investigators. The result - .04 blood alcohol content, and alarmingly high levels of Valium, Xanex, Klonopin, Ativan, and Dalmane, topped off with marijuana.
  Jordan had no automobile insurance coverage and was driving under suspension since losing his privilege on March 9, 2010, court records show. He was charged on July 27, 2012 with first-degree manslaughter/automobile and driving under suspension or revocation.
  A year prior to the death of Perez in East Tulsa, and a year after losing his driving privilege, Jordan, on March 12, 2011, was arrested following an accident at 4247 S. Riverside Drive that occurred at 12:07 a.m. He was charged with driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol/personal injury accident AFCF.

  Stormey had rammed into the rear of The Oklahoma Eagle newspaper publisher, attorney James Osby Goodwin, as he headed northbound. Goodwin was injured, but the extent of his injuries were not readily known.
  Goodwin told accident investigators that until his vehicle was rammed, he had no idea another vehicle was behind him. He said he was stunned for a moment but continued driving northbound. Once his head cleared, he said he turned his vehicle around and returned to the accident scene.
  After Jordan’s vehicle hit Goodwin’s it veered into the front yard of 4247 and struck a tree. Jordan’s  passenger in the 1993 GMC SCI, Amanda Kay Perez, and he were taken by EMSA to St. Francis Medical Center.
  Investigators learned from Perez at the hospital that prior to the accident she and Jordan had eaten dinner and during the course of their meal Jordan had consumed one cocktail.
  Perez said she was not aware that they had been in an accident until afterwards, as she had been asleep during the initial crash with Goodwin’s vehicle.
  Responders to the crash scene said Jordan smelled of alcohol on his breath and person. He also had bloodshot eyes and slurred speech. Later, a blood test taken at St. Francis revealed that Jordan had ingested several different prescription drugs in addition to alcohol. He told an investigator that he hadn’t had anything to drink, but later said he had just one drink and didn’t remember anything else.

  The 2012 manslaughter case is winding its way towards a June 3, 2013 jury trial in the courtroom of Tulsa District Court Judge Kellough. On May 6, Jordan (not in custody), represented by James Linger, heard his case called for drug and alcohol treatment review, where the defendant was expected to provide proof of his intent to obtain drug and alcohol assessment and treatment.
  In the March 12, 2011 Riverside/Goodwin crash case, Jordan last appeared before Judge Kellough on January 22, 2013, at which time his district court arraignment was passed to June 10, 2013.
  An interesting aside about this case is that it wasn’t filed by the District Attorney’s Office until  March 26, 2012. On that date Tulsa County Judge C. Smith issued a warrant for Jordan’s arrest with a bond set at $20,000.


Headline: Police Chase Valentines Day Captures Former Murder Suspect Caught On BTW Campus With Handgun; (Two Images). .    When Tulsa Police Officer Newsome stopped a vehicle that he believed to be driven by someone in a suspicious manner around the campus of Booker T. Washington High School, he decided the best action to take was to pull him to the curb.
  Newsome lit the vehicle up and the driver pulled into the parking lot on the closed campus located at 1500 East Zion Street. Both the driver and his passenger stepped out of the vehicle, but according to Newsome, one of the men began walking backward as the driver attempted to draw his attention away from the passenger through conversation.
  The diversion went nowhere and the officer called after the passenger, having him stand spread eagle for a pat-down. As he was being searched a black semi-automatic pistol fell to the ground. As the weapon hit the ground the passenger, Colin Douglas “C-4” Profit, (1/12/93), hit the ground running westbound through the surrounding neighborhood.
  Profit, some of our print readers might recall, was, along with Kadrian Daniels (7/22/92), charged with first-degree murder following a “gun battle” that killed 23-year-old Shawn Hatcher at 200 E. 43rd Street North on July 25, 2010.
  Both Daniels and Profit were arrested shortly after the shooting and their adjudication in Tulsa District Court had begun winding its way through the system, when the state dismissed the (several) charges that had sprung from the Hatcher shooting. Both defendants were subsequently set free.
  Daniels went on to have run-ins with the law after gaining his freedom, but his criminal activity finally caught up with him. He is currently serving time that began January 23, 2013 at OKC Community Correctional Center and is scheduled to end on October 30, 2016.
  Profit, who lists a Collinsville address, on the other hand, was arrest-free up until Valentines Day 2013, when he took off running from the Newsome traffic stop.
  Officer Newsome called for backup and a K-9 officer to track down the fleeing Profit. Shortly afterwards, Profit was pulled from the backyard at 2540 N. Rockford by TPD K-9 Officer B. Williams.
  The gun that fell to the ground from Profit’s waistband, a .40 caliber, was found to have been reported stolen to TPD in 2007.

  On April 15th a warrant was issued for Profit’s arrest on a charge of possession of a weapon on school property with a bond of $10,000. Profit was booked into Tulsa Jail on May 8th and was back on the street on May 10th.
  At this point in time, only the defendant knows who was targeted at BTW for a visit from Profit and his driver. Surely, they were not there to make some kind of Valentines Day gangster play. Or were they?


Headline: Lovers Accused Of Brutally Beating Toddler To Death Slated To Stand Trial For Murder In August,  (Three Images) . .Mica Shoate and her lover and roommate Jazmin Williams, both accused of the April 24, 2012 brutal beating death of a toddler left in their care are being held without bond in Tulsa Jail.
  The two women were arrested and booked into jail following a March 25, 2012  traffic stop performed by Tulsa Police that resulted in the discovery of 19-month-old Zamontay Green’s brutalized remains in the backseat of their vehicle. The toddler, according to the ME’s report, had been murdered the previous day.
Both women are charged with child abuse/murder and child neglect.
  Over the past 14 months their case has slowly worked its way through Tulsa District Court since its initial filing on April 2, 2012.   
  Shoate and Williams are currently being tried together. At their preliminary hearing held July 26, 2012 in the courtroom of Tulsa County Judge Youll, with a witness list of ten people, both women were bound over to be arraigned in the Tulsa District Courtroom of Judge Caputo.
  On August 6, 2012, when asked by Judge Caputo how they wanted to plead, both stood mute. The court entered a not guilty plea in their behalf.
  On December 17, 2012, Shoate was represented by Kent Bridge and Williams was represented by Irven Box. On that date a jury trial date of March 11, 2013 was scheduled. However, on that date the trial was passed to August 19, 2013.


Headline: Joe Williams Serving Life W/out Parole And A Consecutive Life Sentence In Holdenville (Two Images) . .  Joe Lee Williams, (1/11/79), was convicted by a Tulsa County District Court jury on one count of first-degree murder and four counts of shooting with intent to kill (SWIK) on March 30, 2012.
  Williams, readers might recall from our May 2012 edition, shot and killed Hosea Jones, 31, at a residence located at 6338 N. Boulder on January 11, 2010, the defendant‘s  birthday.
  Tulsa District Court Judge Glassco went along with the jury’s recommendation and formally sentenced Williams, represented by Greg Graves, to life without parole for murder and one consecutive life term for one of the SWIK counts. The State in this case was represented by Michelle Keely.
  Williams entered Davis Correctional Facility in Holdenville on May 3, 2012.


Headline: $2 Million Embezzlement From Family Firm Gets Kimberly K. Kramer A Proverbial Slap On The Wrist (One Image). .  Kimberly Kaye Kramer, the sister accused by her brother and sister-in-law of raiding the coffers of the family business, Premiere Staffing Inc. of Tulsa of nearly $2 million has been sentenced in Tulsa District Court.
  Readers may recall from a headline article that appeared in last May’s edition, that in her role as the company CPA, Kramer had all of the company’s financial records at her disposal to systematically raid the company treasury at her leisure. She continued her unrestrained embezzlement schemes until the Oklahoma Tax Commission alerted company CEO Dan Roberts of several thousands of dollars in taxes that had gone unpaid.
  The case had moved slowly through the district court system since it was filed June 9, 2011, but it did eventually end in the courtroom of Tulsa District Court Judge Caputo on October 1, 2012. On that date, Kramer, represented by Mark Lyons, waived her right to trials and entered a plea of guilty to two counts of embezzlement.
  Judge Caputo accepted her plea and withheld a finding of guilt for five years on both counts. Both count one and count two carried with them a fine of $500, court fund and court cost, and $250 for the victims’ compensation assessment. Additionally, Kramer was given a 40 hour County Work Program assignment, and she will be supervised by the DA’s Office for one year.
  The state in this matter was represented by Ben Fu.



Headline: The Return Of Tower Man - Well Sort Of (Compounded Images). .   William Boyd Sturdivant, 26, the man who caught the attention of the nation during the dog days of August 2011, by surviving 100 feet above ground on a Fox TV antenna, is once again in the news.
  No, Sturdivant, whom Tulsa’s Star gave the title “Sturdi-Man-Vant” during the coverage of William’s self-imposed quest to go without food or drink for nearly six days through stormy weather and Oklahoma’s killer summer heat is not on another quest.
  Tulsa Police Officers arrested Sturdivant May 21st and charged the man many in the media called “Tower Man” during his stay on the steel girders of the antenna, with second-degree arson and second-degree burglary AFCF. He was booked into Tulsa Jail at 7:18 a.m.
  Sturdivant had once served three years and two months of a five-year sentence in a DOC prison on a 2006 Tulsa County conviction from 2007 to 2010 for second-degree burglary.


Headline: Meth Dealer And User Finds It Hard To Move Away From The Pitfalls Of The Drug Culture  (Three Images). .Heather Sue Johnson, (3/04/77), represented by Sheila Naifeh, appeared before Tulsa County Judge Moody on April 4, 2013. At that time she waived her right to a preliminary hearing and trials before entering a plea of guilty to possession of methamphetamines with the intent to distribute, possession of a controlled drug, and possession of paraphernalia.
  Judge Moody accepted the defendant’s plea, but opted to withhold a finding of guilt.
  Johnson, who listed her address as 2256 S. Maybelle, was arrested in a parking lot at 3613 S. Harvard Avenue by Tulsa Police Officer Halgren. The officer had been dispatched to the scene at 6:14 p.m., after business owners complained that a woman was passed out in the drivers seat of a Chevrolet Avalanche pickup.
  EMSA was on the scene prior to TPD’s arrival and passed along information given them by Johnson who said she had been drinking alcoholic beverages all that day.
  The officer then asked Johnson to step out of her truck. As she did, the officer noticed that Johnson was unsteady on her feet. A portable breath test device was brought out and Johnson, said the officer, submitted to a field test for alcohol. The test read only 0.025 for alcohol but for some reason Johnson appeared to be drowsy and her speech was slurred.
  Officer Halgren stated in his report that Johnson kept changing her story as to why she was asleep in that parking lot and she could not remember where she lived.
  Johnson responded to the officer’s questions pertaining to the ingestion of prescription medications, to which, Johnson responded that she did not take any medication.
  Why is she in such bad shape? The officer then requested from Johnson that he be allowed to search her vehicle for prescription medications, to which she responded “Ya, I don’t care. Go ahead.”
  Johnson’s purse lay on the front passenger seat. Besides identification and casino cards with her name, the search of the purse revealed a gold metal container that held several small baggies of a white crystalline substance, a baggie containing marijuana, half of a pill, and straws and a glass pipe.
  The white substance turned out to be seven grams of meth. Well, not all of the small baggies contained meth, as Johnson explained to Halgren. One of the baggies contained a cutting substance.
  Judge Moody went on to delay Johnson’s sentencing to give her time to complete a specialty court program. During that time she is to be under the supervision of DOC. As of May 9, 2013, the defendant’s case has not come up for review.
  Johnson has served 10 months of prison time, and at the time of her arrest on the above listed case, she was on probation out of Rodgers County for (Possession of a CD AFCF), until October 16, 2018.
  The state in this matter before Judge Moody was represented by Tammy Wescott.


Headline: Did Somebody Say Black Folks Don't Mess With Meth? (Two Image). .   Felony charges Jasmine Danielle Thompson, (8/22/89), were decreased by two counts from what were  originally listed by the arresting officer on his arrest report. Bringing drugs into jail do not appear in District Court charges filed by prosecutors, although contraband was discovered on her person during her initial jailhouse search.
  Tulsa Police Officer White booked Jasmine back on October 14th, having stopped her blue 1985 Chevrolet Suburban SUV in the 2200 block of South Sheridan Road for an improper paper tag display, a broken taillight, suspended license and no insurance. A records check showed Thompson had warrants and for that reason the officer said he took her to David Moss for booking.
  Thompson had not revealed to the male officer that she was carrying contraband into jail. It wasn’t until Detention Officer King conducted a more thorough search of Thompson’s person that she discovered a baggie of marijuana and another containing more than 20 grams of methamphetamine.
  Officer White added possession of marijuana, CDs (meth), and two counts of bringing drugs into jail.
  However, the amount of meth she was carrying resulted in a drug trafficking charge, to go along with possession of a CD without an affixed tax stamp, and possession of a controlled drug. The traffic infractions were also added to the list of charges to be adjudicated in District Court.
  Thompson, out on bond since October 23rd, after posting $27,250 in bond, waived her right to a preliminary hearing before Tulsa County Judge Youll on April 17th and was promptly bound over to Tulsa District Court and Judge Glassco.
  Thompson, represented by Robert Stubblefield, has had her arraignment passed several times, in order that she have time to apply for the Women In Recovery Program. A review was set to take place on June 3rd.

  Jasmine, until August 10, 2015, is on a four-year deferred sentence for 2nd-degree burglary out of Tulsa County that began August 10, 2011. However, the charges in this case to date have not been designated AFCF, nor has there been an application to accelerate filed by prosecutors.




                                                                  Police Blotter - Mug-shots Of Lawbreakers, Their Crime, Date Of Booking, etc.


                                    Police Blotter Abbreviations: List Of Abbreviations For Certain Crimes With A Daily Tally Of DUI Arrests & Blotter

                                     EXTRAS: Sideline vignettes of certain criminals








                                          Headline: Charges Added Since Arrests: For Markedrik Wilson and Edwin Jermaine Daniels (Two images).




Headline: Broken Arrow Woman Jailed On Unusual Child Abuse Complaint ((One Image). . Münchausen syndrome by proxy (MSbP or MBP) is a controversial term that is used to describe a behavior pattern in which a caregiver deliberately exaggerates, fabricates, and/or induces physical, psychological, behavioral, and/or mental health problems in those who are in their care.[1] Within the United States, factitious disorder by proxy (FDP or FDbP) is the leading alternative of this term, while in the United Kingdom, it is known as fabricated or induced illness. (FII).[2]
  With deception at its core, this behavior is an elusive, potentially lethal, and frequently misunderstood form of child abuse[3] or medical neglect[4] that has been difficult to define, detect and confirm.
. . . MSbP perpetrators, by contrast, are willing to fulfill their need for positive attention by hurting their own child, thereby assuming the sick role by proxy. At times, they are also able to assume the hero role and garner still more positive attention, by appearing to care for and 'save' their child.